Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Interview with the Director of Music for the Passion 2011 (3-16-11)

Good Day! 77.7 New Life Radio (N.L.R.) at your service. I hope you enjoyed the interview from Lissette the Director of the passion. Up next is an interview with Marcos Suazo (aka Rabbi M.A.S.). He is the director of the music for the play. This years soundtrack is just amazing,  trust me folks you should start to inquire about how to get a copy.
Marcos 


Questions for Rabbi M.A.S.

  1. How many years have you been apart of the passion play?

Ans: I have been a part of the Passion Play for 7 years…. I think..lol
  1. How will this year differ from the others?
Ans: This year is EPIC!!!   New script, New songs, New crop of people, New Person Playing Jesus… this year is REALLY a Broadway feel.  With a few rehearsals under our belt, the cast can already see that this Drama is going to be MAJOR!!  People are really going to leave really understanding the Passion of Jesus Christ.  

  1. What can the audience expect from the score?
Ans:  Well this year we are adding another instrument.  Instead of our normal two keyboardists, we will have three.  So now everything will sound full.  Another thing is that this year the musicians will be playing from whistle to whistle.  Normally we get a break in between seats, but this year we are going to busy… I'm excited about that part!
  1. What do you look forward to regarding the passion play
Ans: There are really three things I look forward to the most each year… Number one is the setup. I love looking at a blank canvas and making it into something.  In some way we do that.. We take the sanctuary and we transform it into something else.  Number two is the playing with the family (the band).  It is rare that we get to play our instruments 3 days in a row together.  This year it’s actually going to be four.  Number three is the ALTAR CALLS!  Its why we do the play; to see people realize the power of God.  I cant wait, I am so excited!!
 
Today's song is titled I surrender by Kim Walker. 
This song is powerful and is a declaration of your faith. 
Have you made up your mind today to follow Jesus? 
That no matter what you face,  you will not be 
easily swayed by the pressures of life? that is 
what this song talks about. 
Be blessed Dj Cami-Cam singing off until next time stay tuned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSgn-nmBpNY&feature=related 

 Acts 20:24
24 I don't care about my own life. The most important thing is that I complete my mission, the work that the Lord Jesus gave me—to tell people the Good News about God's grace. (New Century Version)

1 comment: